Thursday, February 7, 2008

You fill up my senses like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain, like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean...

...Come let me love you, let me give my life to you,
let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms,
let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you.
Come let me love you, come love me again.

- Annie's Song by John Denver

"Denver "wrote this song in about ten-and-a-half minutes one day on a ski lift" to the top of Bell Mountain in Aspen, Colorado as the physical exhilaration of having "just skied down a very difficult run" and the feeling of total immersion in the beauty of the colors and sounds that filled all senses inspired him to think about his wife." (Compliments of Wikipedia: AKA - Fountain of Knowledge)

This song is my new obsession. I'm a sucker for lyrics followed up by a story like that. Even though he eventually divorced her, and his second wife...and then died.

Thursday, February 7th, 2008
The Coming Weak (listen to podcast)



The Coming Weak officially formed in December of 2006 in a small apartment above a garage in northern Rhode Island. We are just four guys who eat, sleep, breathe and live music. We have been playing all our lives, this is the end result.

"...this is the end result"...Well, The Viking and I think it's a very good end result. We were genuinely delighted talking to lead vocalist Tim White, and drummer John Berard for a good forty-five minutes this morning.
I think for me, they represent what independent artistry is about: Working your proverbial tail off until you get where you want to be.
The members of The Coming Weak have built their band up from ground zero; handling both sides of having/being in a band: the creativity side, in writing and playing all of their own music, and the business side, in booking their own shows, tours, studio time, and all of which that entails (it's a lot!). And on top of that, they sound absolutely amazing.

Check them out HERE, and order their EP titled "Consider This".

Also! Be sure to listen to the show tomorrow to check out our guests, "Band Marino"


In other news! The Viking just ordered this on a t-shirt.


He's achieved new levels of "awesome" upon purchase..ment.

Until tomorrow,
-Blondie

No comments: