Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sometimes all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you.

Am I the only girl on earth that gets uncomfortable with going into Victoria’s Secret? I think it must be a phobia of half-dressed manikins. In and of themselves, manikins are creepy (with or without limbs); but creepy AND mostly naked? That’s worse. Even when I pass the store in the mall, I find myself subconsciously averting my eyes from the windows. Weird.

After watching Fracture with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling, I’ve come to get a big kick out of the word, “allegedly”.

al·leged
adj. Represented as existing or as being as described but not so proved; supposed.

We were reading the news this morning on the show, and there was an article that claimed an Illinois (or some other random state) teenager “allegedly” assaulted a police officer with M&M’s. Of course the funniest part is that the officer was assaulted with M&M’s, which you know…isn’t good, but using the word “allegedly” just makes it all important sounding. “California Disney theme-park visitor allegedly crapped his pants on new Space Mountain Rollercoaster. Disney, Inc refused to comment on the matter. Disney (Walt) Co, (Ticker Symbol: DIS) down thirty-eight points in the Nasdaq.”

I’m so sorry for not posting in a while! Things have been a bit slow for the show, but I’m confident that they’re going to be picking up very soon. This’ll be my last post until Monday the 26th (Memorial Day…yes, I will be working!), at which point I’ll update you on the status of my Florida baked sun-tan and super calf-muscles from family sand volleyball tournaments. Y’all have a great week and relaxing Memorial Day Weekend…Holiday…thing. :)

Wednesday, May 14th, 2008
April Cover (listen to Podcast)

From the South's Magic City comes April Cover, a Birmingham-based four-piece whose melodic pop/rock songs echo a message of love and hopefulness through trials and brokenness. In their 3 years, April Cover has toured across the Southeast, the UK and shared the stage with acts such as AUGUSTANA, NEEDTOBREATHE, SARA BAREILLES, HAWK NELSON, BRETT DENNEN, SEABIRD, BY THE TREE, DISCIPLE and THE WORKING TITLE. With an ambition to make meaningful, powerful rock music and a love for playing live April Cover is MAGIC CITY ROCK.

Well, we talked to Vance Fite (Lead vocals and guitar) on the show yesterday, and from what he tells us, April Cover seem to have a pretty cool thing going! Their style of music isn't exactly my favorite, but, I heard Johnny (who's impossible to please at times) hollar from his office, "These guys aren't half bad!" And The Viking was of the same opinion! Boo on me *grin*. Hey, they toured in the US and Europe, and are planning on going back to Europe soon; they obviously have got something! :-)

No comments: