Friday, April 4, 2008

Pandora...

...is amazing.

I'd completely forgotten that I made an account with them a few years ago. I keep hearing how great it is from friends, family...random people on the street, etc.

"When was the last time you fell in love with a new artist or song?

At Pandora, we have a single mission: To play music you'll love - and nothing else.

To understand just how we do this, and why we think we do it really, really well, you need to know about the Music Genome Project.

Since we started back in 2000, we have been hard at work on the Music Genome Project. It's the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken. Together our team of fifty musician-analysts has been listening to music, one song at a time, studying and collecting literally hundreds of musical details on every song. It takes 20-30 minutes per song to capture all of the little details that give each recording its magical sound - melody, harmony, instrumentation, rhythm, vocals, lyrics ... and more - close to 400 attributes! We continue this work every day to keep up with the incredible flow of great new music coming from studios, stadiums and garages around the country." Read More

I accessed my old account, and boy do personal music tastes change. I can chalk a lot of that up to Viking; he's forced me to listen to late 70's/early and late 80's/90's music. On one station, I mixed the sounds of Melee with those of The Goo Goo Dolls, and they compiled the data from both bands, and are now playing "Run" by Collective Soul. How freaking cool is that?

But anyway! If you have a boring desk job and are looking to expand your music library, Pandora is the way to do it!

If you listened to the show today, you might've heard me talking to Viking about some dude proposing to a chick on the set of Scrubs. Well, here it is. It made me get all teary-eyed.
NOTE: Mr. Braff uses a not-so-very-nice word so...be forewarned.

See more funny videos at CollegeHumor


I mean....how sweet is that?!

Oh, here's some cute Muppet Bloopers...

See more funny videos at CollegeHumor


YOU'VE BEEN RICK ROLL'D

1 comment:

wilson said...

Thanks Blondie! It's great to hear that you're enjoying Pandora!

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Also: I love those two videos. :)

- Lucia, from Pandora