Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Postal Workers gone postal.

I'm awful at coming up with things to write about. I love to write, but seriously, I sit here and think "Oh! That's a good topic! Wait...no...hm...I'll have to actually work hard at writing it...maybe not such a good idea". I do it for hours. It's a vicious cycle.

But I found a topic finally. I'll call it;

"I Got A Package"

As you probably know, Viking and I aren't merely morning radio talk-show hosts. Our days are filled up with different projects ranging from graphics design (my stuff), to writing contracts and general management for our parent company (Viking's stuff), The Owners Group, Inc.
Even though TogiEntertainment's main office is out of Oklahoma City, the radio station and a good bit of business activity is run out of this office (Tyler, TX), including the book publishing part.
One of my jobs is being in charge of packaging and shipping all of the books that we sell (Whatever Happened to Peggy Sue by Peggy Sue Gerron, What Gives by Chelsea Marie, and The Naked Truth by Mark Faulk). Recently I sent out a shipment of promotional books to reviewers and radio stations across the country; not all of the address are up-to-date, and so it's to be expected that maybe one book out of fifty is returned to us. No big deal, right?

Well today, I got this book back in the mail.



Yes. Let me give you a closer look.



Dead.

What kind of sick mail man writes "DEAD!" on the front of a package being returned to sender!? Deceased...fine. But DEAD?
( I don't know if I'm supposed to leave addresses un-blurred on this thing...but since they're DEAD...I guess it doesn't matter)

Whaaatever.

Tuesday, April 1st, 2008
Polymer (listen to podcast)

"After a recent rock show at a venue in a Philadelphia suburb, a seventeen year old music fan witnessed one of the best performances of his life. The show took place in a youth center that was bursting at the seams with several hundred teenagers that had just experienced a set they would never forget. Afterwards, as the lights came back on and the energy in the sweaty room subsided, he approached the five band members with a well-worn copy of their EP, a marker, and these words: “Thank you for bringing rock music back to Philadelphia.”

The band, Polymer, formed in 2003 with the intention of doing just that. Their music has been given many different titles by critics since their inception, from “shiny alterna-pop” to “completely unique and captivating,” however, “Positive Rock” has been the name that seems to best define the band and their attitude towards music. Armed with their dedication to telling a story through strong songwriting and their passion for energy-infused rock, the band has amassed a fan base whose loyalty and dedication to promoting Polymer”s music has been so integral to their continued success.

With the release of their late 2004 EP These Mediums, Polymer broke out in the Philly music scene as one of the brightest up and coming bands...." Read More

I want to see them play live so badly.

Cat and Mandice dropped in over the phone lines (Matt and Candice - I got dyslexic and confused/mixed them up). With everything they told us, I think they've made me a fan for life. I love their energy, I love how put-together they are, organized, fun, talented...etc etc. They've been taking a break from playing live to tighten up their live performance; so if you happen to be in an area that they'll be playing in in the future, do not hesitate to haul out there and prepare to be amazed!

Click Here For Awesome

No comments: